Whether you’re the bride, the groom, the wedding party, or family of the betrothed, you know there’s a lot of prep for the big day. And not just picking out flowers, dresses, gifts, coordinating with family, traveling, and mentally preparing yourself for a life-changing event, but there’s also the matter of self-care. It’s easy to get lost in the minutia of the details and making sure everyone else is happy on your big day, and forget about yourself.
You are actually crucial in all of this, and not just because you’ll be walking down the aisle! You simply deserve to give yourself all the things you need to stay healthy on the journey leading up to the event, so that you can relax and just have fun on the big day. That includes making sure you’re eating healthy and clean, exercising (even if it’s just a meditative daily walk) and, for both indulgence after a long day of planning as well as confidence on your big day, your special pre-wedding skincare and skincare on the wedding day is crucial.
So, because we know you have a lot going on with the planning, let’s cut this down into a skincare routine you can easily follow!
Wedding Skin Prep
Three months before wedding:
Three months ahead of the event will give you plenty of time for the detoxification and healing process to transpire, and leave you with totally hydrated, glowing skin. Depending on your needs - whether it be advanced acne and blemishes, or hydrating and firming more mature skin, use either our Clear Skin Kit or our Forever Radiant Kit. Though each kit is a little different, both allow the skin to rebalance the oil and tackle bad bacteria. We’ll cover both options below!
In addition to the products we recommend below, remember it’s important to make sure that in these months before the wedding, you’re making sure to get a full 8 hours of sleep (a shower before bed using our Body Glow Duo will help prepare you for a good night’s rest!), eating clean for clear skin - here’s a list of 99 superfoods that will make you radiate from the inside out - including Omega 3s, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and many more, and cutting back on alcohol, whose chemical processes can directly cause acne. Save that sip of champagne for the wedding day!
The Clear Skin Kit acne-fighting powerhouse helps to clear up breakouts and blemishes, exfoliates dead skin, detoxifies, replenishes new skin cell growth, while fading dark marks, balancing oil production, and smoothing.
The bundle includes our Clarifying Hydration Dew, Radiant Cleansing Nectar, Clear Skin Elixir and Flawless Nourishment Cream. You can use this four-part, refreshing and nourishing routine – using the hydration dew and nectar upon waking and before sleep, and adding the nourishment cream during the day and the elixir at night. The combination’s unique formula contains over 40+ natural ingredients, apple seed oil, saw palmetto, cucumber, French pink clay, and rosehip oil (and all the wonderful scents that accompany them), the clear skin kit is both easy and indulgent. Below is the simple way to use it.
The Forever Radiant Kit is for more mature skin. Whether you’re tying the knot a little later in life (and so many are these days!) or you’re the mother of the bride, this set of four preventative aging products is for you. Each product works to uplift, brighten, refine, and recharge the skin and is full of potent natural-based ingredients like kakdu plum, grape seed oil, celluar apple seed oil, and blue tansy. And as always, it’s cruelty-free, non-toxic and gentle on skin.
Below is the easy way to use this magical rejuvenating kit.
Skin care one week before wedding:
Use the same routine as above, but remember these tips!
1) No sleeping in makeup – This is a nightly rule, but especially a week before the big day! This is something that the Clear Skin Kit or Forever Radiant Kit can help you achieve – removing makeup and preparing your skin for rejuvenation.
2) Add a booster! Our triple-powered booster kit addresses dullness, congestion, and damage with booster serums featuring high-powered ingredients. You can go for the whole kit, or just choose one. Add them to your nightly/daily routine on their own or mix them with your moisturizer. Whether you choose the Ceramide NP Booster, the Phyto Ceramide .4% Booster, or the Super Peptide .34 Booster, each one of them cares for your skin in a different, super-charged way.
Bridal Skin Care the Night Before the Wedding (either solo or with friends/bridesmaids!):
1. Exfoliate away dry-patched skin with our Illuminating Essence Exfoliating Mask. Extracting dead skin, toxins and bacteria, it’s the perfect way to pamper yourself the night before your wedding day. Infused with Volcanic Ash, Silica and Cloudberry Oil, you’ll feel like you’re sleeping on a cloud, in many ways! And an extra bonus: exfoliating will help makeup lay perfectly on the skin without clinging onto any dry patches.
2. Then hydrate with our serums (#3 and #4 below) PLUS add a booster for an added bonus! Use our Perfectionist Serum and Super Peptide Booster for acne prone skin, or our Essential Renewing Serum + Phyto Ceramide Booster for hydration plus pore refining.
3. Then, moisturize with our No.4 Flawless Nourishment Cream to lock in all that hydration!
4. Finally, moisturize lips (for that “you may now kiss the bride lusciousness!”) with our overnight Goodnight Kiss Lip Mask.
Wedding Skin Prep Routine – on Your Big Day!
4. Finish with Creamsicle Bliss Lip Balm – a buttery citrus blend, the perfect final before makeup if you choose to wear it!
These routines will leave you feeling fresh, exuberant, clean, and confident for your big day. You’ll be able to smile for all the photos – both professional and fun – knowing you have been taking care of yourself regularly and have a “glow” about you - in addition to the glow you’ll have marrying the person you love! Congratulations and let the pampering begin…don’t forget our travel kits for easy skincare on the go, whether it’s to your wedding or honeymoon destination!