From magazines to commercials, we constantly see people rendered as photo-realistic pieces of art without blemishes or flaws. Flowing locks of multi-tinted hair, impeccable porcelain-like smiles, and sun-drenched skin glistening at every subtle turn have become the picture of perfection. After a while, all of these images become etched in our minds and remind us of something that seems unattainable.
How many times have you seen a person on TV and thought, "Could my skin ever look like that?" Or gotten downright disgusted when you look in the mirror and see yet another blemish? Believe it or not, everyone has to deal with skin issues. Hidden behind cosmetically-produced smiles and highlighted hair, the most "perfect" people battle breakouts, dull skin, and discoloration. It's just masked in a layer of masterful makeup application (and a whole lot of Photoshop).
The point? There is no such thing as perfect skin and that’s ok. There is every opportunity to maximize the skin you have and see fewer blemishes, discoloration, and dullness. It’s all in using the right product.
Why a Facial Serum is Worth the Investment
At the beginning of your skincare journey, you probably started with the basics: an all-day moisturizer, a foaming cleanser, and possibly a toner. After using all of these things, did you see the skin boost you desired? If the answer is no, I have the reason. While all of these products are good and necessary when the right ingredients are included, a true skin-illumination experience includes a serum. To get the kind of effervescent glow that looks natural but not overdone (major "I woke up like this" vibes), a facial serum is key. Unlike a moisturizer, a serum is much lighter and can penetrate the skin slowly for full, around-the-clock nourishment.
Usually the complementary piece to anti-aging collections, serums can be used on all skin types and at every age. So that means, you can safely add this product into your skincare routine and get the results that you seek.
Are serums a new thing on the skincare market? Not. They have a proven record that predates many products we see today. Serums and oils are some of the foundational pieces of skincare as we know it. Preceded by millennia of usage, lavish oil concoctions were applied to the face to bathe it in continuous nutrients and protect the skin from harm. From the illustrious heritage of ancient Egyptians to the aboriginal tribes of Australia, oils have always been a common answer to keeping the skin supple, youthful, and extraordinarily radiant.
Fun Fact: Egyptians used various plant-based oils as serums, including olive and sesame oils.
In addition, the benefits of serums are quite remarkable. A balanced serum can:
- Help your skin heal internally for fewer breakouts
- Revive dull, dry skin back to life
- Give you a natural glow 24/7 (without feeling oily)
- Reduce inflammation and discoloration
- Leave your skin buttery-soft
Believe the hype: Serums are all they’re cracked up to be! The only question is, how can you find the right one?
How to Find the Right Serum
One of the main reasons people don't include serums in their everyday routine is the price tag. While facial serum can significantly affect your skin, you can't just choose any serum and expect phenomenal results. Many companies have a high price tag but don’t include the necessary ingredients for skin rejuvenation.
You wouldn’t buy a fancy bottle of tequila that had water in it, would you?
Of course not. The same is true for a serum that has no real benefits to the skin. A serum isn't great because of the price tag or the brand name on the bottle, it's uniquely impactful only because of the ingredients within.
A truly enriching serum will contain a plethora of vitamins, minerals, and healing oils to soothe and nourish your skin back to supreme health. It will also have a delicately developed formula free of artificial fragrances, synthetic fillers, and harsh chemicals.
Without these components, your skin might appear glowing and dewy for a few moments, but it will soon return to its dry, dull shell.
To avoid this, look for serums that include ingredients that have a proven record of feeding the skin.
Your best bet is to choose ingredients like:
- Vitamin E- One of the most important vitamins for skin health, this ingredient helps support the immune system, cell function, and internal/external health. An antioxidant, this ingredient is extremely effective at combating the damaging effects of free radicals and UV rays from the sun.
- Prickly Pear Seed Oil- Super ingredient packed full of vitamin E. Prickly pear is an added boost of this skin-saving vitamin. This unique blend of essential fatty acids helps fine lines, wrinkles, dark circles, and sun spots, and evens out your complexion. Bonus: It also lowers skin water loss and increases skin moisture.
- Passionfruit Seed Oil- This vitamin A superstar is a nutrient-dense oil that carries properties that are beneficial in reducing swelling and irritation. It is a great source of vitamin A which is vital for your skin to heal and repair itself. Passionfruit oil also protects your skin against damaging free radicals.
- Black Cumin Seed Oil- This oil single-handedly fights acne, clogged pores, and inflamed skin. This super ingredient is also packed with over 100 vitamins and minerals to help fill fine lines and wrinkles, fade discolored marks, and soothe the symptoms of eczema.
- Orange Peel Extract- Orange peel is extremely rich in vitamin C. It can help all skin types, especially oily skin, form collagen and elastin for a more youthful appearance and firmer skin. Containing a high level of anti-bacterial properties, orange peel fights acne-forming bacteria and illuminates a dull complexion. Bonus: It can help treat blackheads and bring hydration to your skin when you need it most.
Every one of these ingredients will help your skin bathe in a continuous oasis of skin-enhancing brilliance and complete rejuvenation. Remember: the key to any serum is always the ingredients. That is why the Perfectionist Overnight Serum includes all of these natural-based ingredients and more, to give your skin an undeniable glow morning, noon, and night. One of our most coveted products, this serum is a pathway to skin health in a way you could have only imagined. Read how one of our customers was transformed by this product:
"I love this serum! I use it every night, all over my face and under my eyes. I also use it as a moisturizer on hot days when a cream seems too much. I've noticed my skin appears more even and glows when I use this consistently. Ready to purchase another, but it has lasted over 6 months with daily/multiple times a day use." - Courtney
Bonus: Our serum is a show-stopping addition to any routine. Why? Because there are so many ways to use it so that your skin is glowing 24/7. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Add our serum to your favorite moisturizer to get extra nourishment and shine.
- Use it at the end of your routine to give your skin an all-day boost.
- Apply before makeup for a dewy finish.
- Use it as a lighter moisturizer on hot days.
- Use a natural highlighter by applying the serum to the high points of your face.
Achieve Skin Health Overnight
You don't have to be a celeb to get the kind of skin that turns heads. A clean face and our Perfectionist Overnight Serum are all you need for overnight rejuvenation or an all-day glow.
Achieve a full luminous experience by pairing the Perfectionist Overnight Serum with the Luminous Clear Skin Kit
Uniquely formulated with you in mind, this serum is perfect after cleansing or toner application and can help acne-prone and all skin types thrive on their own. Thousands of customers have seen dramatic results and have embraced their luminous reality.