You’re minding your own business, living your best life, when suddenly they appear:
It’s the worst, but don’t panic! Averr Aglow has the answers to help clear up those sudden, week-ruining breakouts!
1: Hormonal Imbalance
Your hormones will fluctuate sometimes. It’s natural!
But hormones impact your skin oil, and hormonal imbalance can lead to crazy oil excess.
Suddenly you’re super shiny, and your pores start clogging right and left. Soon you’re facing a full-fledged breakout!
Fight back with oil-balancing products like our Clear Skin Elixir. It infuses your skin with coral and French pink clay, helping reduce hormonal breakouts and even out your complexion!
You are what you eat, and you may be eating acne-triggering foods like:
- Refined sugar: Sugar makes your insulin levels spike, triggering oil production and skin cell growth. The oil and skin cells stick together, and here come the clogged pores!
- Simple carbohydrates: Carbs like white bread and pasta digest like sugars. So you end up with more insulin, more oil, more skin cells, and more breakouts!
- Dairy: Cows’ milk contains hormones that can imbalance your system and increase IGF-1, a hormone known to trigger acne.
Stress causing breakouts? Sad but true! Stress triggers the release of hormones that increase oiliness, speed up skin cell production, and activate inflammation.
Plus, stress is bad for your immune system, weakening your body’s ability to fight bacteria.
For a calming de-stress moment, try our Clarifying Hydration Dew. Natural ingredients like rosewater and cucumber help soothe, hydrate, and reduce inflammation.
It’s the perfect mental and physical refresh!
4: Harsh Skincare Ingredients
Not all products are created equal. Some skincare can make your breakouts worse, not better!
- Surfactants: Dry out your skin and send it into oil-producing panic-mode.
- Occlusives: Too greasy for oily, acne-prone complexions. Smother your skin and create a cozy airless environment for bacteria.
- Endocrine Disruptors: Mess with your hormone balance and kick off breakouts.
- Artificial Fragrances: Full of hidden chemicals and preservatives. Interfere with your hormones, contribute to breakouts, and even cause rashes.
Spoiler alert: you won’t find any of these bad boys in Averr Aglow products!
5: Skincare Allergies
Your face is particularly sensitive to allergic reactions, so be extra choosy with facial skincare!
Allergies are unique to each person, but you can begin with products that don’t contain common troublemakers. For example, natural skincare like Averr Aglow is much less likely to cause a reaction.
Too much light from the sun (or tanning beds) dries out your skin, and your skin fights back by pumping out oil faster than ever!
You know what happens next. Oil + skin cells = clogged pores. Breakouts, here we come!
To make matters worse, sunlight can cause dark spots and scarring as your blemishes heal.
7: Tap Water
Tap water can include damaging chemicals and contaminants. Plus, it can mess with the natural acidity of your skin, disrupting defenses and leaving your complexion vulnerable.
Experts recommend toner for pH problems, and our Luminous Complexion Toner is a perfect choice. Bursting with immune-boosting kakadu plum and regenerative comfrey, it helps restore your skin’s balance and clarity.
8: Acne Mechanica
Acne mechanica flare-ups are caused by friction, heat, and pressure against your skin. Common culprits include sports gear, tight clothing, backpacks, or other types of equipment.
To help prevent body breakouts, use a gentle exfoliant like our Rejuvenating Essence Body Polish. It's infused with volcanic ash and antioxidant-rich lingonberry to freshen and detoxify your skin.
It may take time to find your breakout triggers, but with quality skincare and a little determination, you can finally say farewell to acne and hello to clearer skin! <3